Monday, September 16, 2013

Write What You Know (Or, You Know, Write)

Another summer is drawing to a close. I'm not expecting cooler weather for another month or so, though. I've survived my second summer without air conditioning, and this one was easier than the last. Fans make a HUGE difference! 

Insomnia has been my faithful companion for the past couple weeks. I don't think it would be so bad if I were able to get things done around here, but there are some things that have to be done during daylight hours, and not being able to sleep doesn't necessarily mean I'm not tired.

Everyday living has pushed blogging past the back burner and into that drawer everyone has that collects bits and pieces of future projects or things that will be useful one day (so don't throw it out!). At one time, I blogged on myspace just about every day. The writing was cathartic. I got away from writing shortly after hurricane Ike (2008), because I had no regular internet access. After that, well, let's just say I had more pressing matters to attend. The pressing matters are still there (and there are always pressing matters). I find, however, that the old noggin is getting lazy, and I need the mental exercise.

It's time to open the drawer and pull out some of those bits and pieces and see if I can make something nice. :-) 

Have a blessed day! :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are abusive, vulgar, spammy or trolly WILL NOT be posted. Be respectful, even in disagreement, and remember that there are people on the other side of the computer screen.

If You Don't Know Where You're Going (You Might End Up Somewhere Else)

Greetings, y'all! 👋😄   The title is from a song, but it sort of sums up my life (or at least how some things in my life, like these bl...