Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Today's the Day! (Seize It!)

The best time, for me, is just before the sun peeks over the horizon. The countryside is still quiet, still in its slumber, and the air is cool and fresh. 

There's a feeling of anticipation, of possibility. A new day is dawning, and with the rising sun come hopes and dreams, that today will be the best day ever. Yesterday's disappointments are but a memory, gone with the darkness. Today is here! 

I don't often get the opportunity to greet the dawn, and when I do, it's usually because I didn't sleep the night before. It's still my favorite time of day, though. It's wonderful to sit on the front steps with a cup of coffee in hand and watch and listen to the world waking up. Birds sing their morning music, the dog stretches and shakes off the night (and then does her "feed me" dance), and people get ready to start their day. 

I realize the irony of a post about early morning written late at night. Like a square wheel, that's how I roll - ironically. ;-)

Take the time to have some quiet contemplation. Spend some time with God. Pray a prayer and dream some dreams. Dare to hope, and love your neighbor! And for goodness' sake, LAUGH! :-D 

Have a blessed day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are abusive, vulgar, spammy or trolly WILL NOT be posted. Be respectful, even in disagreement, and remember that there are people on the other side of the computer screen.

If You Don't Know Where You're Going (You Might End Up Somewhere Else)

Greetings, y'all! 👋😄   The title is from a song, but it sort of sums up my life (or at least how some things in my life, like these bl...