Friday, April 12, 2024

If You Don't Know Where You're Going (You Might End Up Somewhere Else)

Greetings, y'all! 👋😄 

The title is from a song, but it sort of sums up my life (or at least how some things in my life, like these blog posts, have gone so far 😄). 



At some point in our lives, we come to crossroads and have to decide which direction we're going to take. Most of the time, what lies in either direction is a big unknown, and making major life decisions based on the unknown is scary. It's tempting to just "stay put", because at least "here" is familiar (and all our stuff is "here"), but not moving forward in any direction isn't necessarily a good thing.

I don't have any sage advice to offer (shocker!), because I'm finding myself standing at a crossroads presently, and every direction (forward) has possibilities. And every possibility comes with a huge question mark. 


In one direction, there's music, which has been my true passion for as long as I can remember (seriously). I love listening to music, I love playing music, and I especially love playing music with other musicians. I've posted about that previously, and you can find it on this blog.


In another direction, there's "professional development", which I feel like I should pursue, since tech skills improve my chances of employment should my current gig end (which, as an independent contractor, is something that could happen at any time). For the most part, I really do enjoy my job (most likely because I have awesome coworkers), and it pays the bills and puts food on the table.


Except for reminiscing over the good times, I'm not looking backwards. I can't change the past, and to be honest, I wouldn't want to if I could. Everything that's happened in the past has played a part in making me who I am today or taught me a lesson I needed to learn (the lessons weren't always pleasant, either).

I don't know what my future holds, at least as far as my earthly future. As a woman of faith, I believe there's "life after life". I pray for direction and guidance - it's the "waiting on the Lord" that's tough. 😉 I've been shown, time after time, that God provides, and I believe that He will continue to do so. I just need to stay in my lane. 😉

Be blessed, and be a blessing. ✌💓🙏😊

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are abusive, vulgar, spammy or trolly WILL NOT be posted. Be respectful, even in disagreement, and remember that there are people on the other side of the computer screen.

If You Don't Know Where You're Going (You Might End Up Somewhere Else)

Greetings, y'all! 👋😄   The title is from a song, but it sort of sums up my life (or at least how some things in my life, like these bl...