Sunday, December 24, 2023

Ain't it Funny (How Time Slips Away)?

Well, hello there! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ˜Š My, it's been a long, long time. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Since my last post, we've had 2 presidents, and both of my kids are now adults. I've also moved house twice, and we survived the CoVID-19 pandemic of 2020. I've also had a work-from-home job for the past 4 years, and I've been promoted twice. There's been a lot of water that's passed under the bridge, and it would take several posts to even begin to document how life has gone on and how it has changed. Fear not, dear reader, I won't bore you with the minutiae. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

I've recently received a life-changing (for the good) diagnosis of ADHD, and I've begun treatment for it. I'm in my second month of medication trials (personal, not clinical), and my healthcare provider and I are working together to get just the right medication and dosage to help me best manage the symptoms so that I can "live up to my potential". 

After my diagnosis (which was really a confirmation 32 years in the making), I started thinking about documenting my past experiences and my new path going forward, and I remembered this blog and wondered if it was still available. I post a lot on Facebook, but I think this is a better platform for longer posts, and it was just sitting here, dusty and mostly forgotten... 

Anyway, I found the keys to the blog, blew the dust off it, and it looks like it just needs some fresh gas to run like a top again. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘Œ 

What this blog will NOT be: 

  • A forum to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or disorder. Get your own diagnosis & treatment from a competent, licensed medical professional!
  • A forum for medical advice. I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV or the internet. I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night (or any other night), and my medical degree from Google U doesn't exist. Any mentions of medications, home remedies, "alternative treatments", or things that I tried that worked for me are strictly anecdotal and given for the purposes of illustration only. Again, seek medical advice from a competent, licensed medical professional!
  • A single-issue blog. I'm not trying to be another "ADHD Blogger", and I don't intend to focus solely on ADHD, whether it's mine or the disorder in general. It's part of my life, but it's not my entire life, and sometimes I just want to write about random things that come to mind.  
Whether this is an exercise in "talking to myself" (which people who know me "IRL" have actually witnessed), or someone reads it and gets something from it, writing helps keep my mind active, and sometimes writing things out helps me get some perspective on problems or other issues that come up. 

So, "Welcome!" if you're new, or "Welcome back!" if you've been here before. ๐Ÿ˜„ Grab a beverage and a snack (the coffee's always fresh), have a seat, and enjoy the ride. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are abusive, vulgar, spammy or trolly WILL NOT be posted. Be respectful, even in disagreement, and remember that there are people on the other side of the computer screen.

If You Don't Know Where You're Going (You Might End Up Somewhere Else)

Greetings, y'all! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ˜„   The title is from a song, but it sort of sums up my life (or at least how some things in my life, like these bl...